Archive for January 2007
dk99: So will we be having any launch party for v1.0? 😀
Yes! Well, not quite a launch party as, hopefully, v1.00 should have already been out by then. But that doesn’t mean we still can’t meet up and have a chat and dinner after a hectic Monday right?
Date: Monday, 5 February, 2007
Venue: Pitstop Cafe
It doesn’t matter if you have just joined the Ping.sg community an hour ago or you have been a user since week 1, anyone’s invited to the meet up.
Please RSVP in the comments of this blog and let’s have fun getting to know each other.
- cibailang (2 persons)
- nmt005 (2 persons)
Just updated ping.sg to v0.85 so we thought you as users should be informed of what are the changes.
As usual, here’s the changelog:
Updated and improved feed grabbing mechanism
- This should ensure more accuracy in grabbing and parsing of feeds.
Allow users to specify feed URL to the respective blogs.
- This would come in handy when the system is unable to correctly determine the feed URL to blogs. User can then specify their own feed URL so that the system will grab the latest posts from the correct feed URL.
- Please go to http://ping.sg/myblogs to update your feed URL.
- If you are not sure what a feed URL is, don’t be afraid, simply click the magical Auto Determine button. Close your eyes while keeping your fingers crossed for about 5-10 seconds, ping.sg should be able to determine and auto fill in the feed URL for you.
- If the URL is not correct, feel free to change it to a correct one.
Ping.sg is for blogs only please.
- And we mean real blogs, not those automated ones that leech entries from other people’s sites and repost them.
- In order to keep ping.sg as a healthy community for bloggers, we have no choice but to ban the non-blogs and the automated blogs from continue pinging our friendly site.
- If you believe your blog has been unfairly banned, do not hesitate to drop us a mail so we can discuss about it.
- If you are worried that your blogs could be banned, chances are (with more than 99.5% chance) they’re not. If you would still like to check it, you could visit http://ping.sg/myblogs. If your blogs are still being listed, they are not being banned.
Thanks for all your support and happy pinging!
In case you’re wondering, yes we are heading towards version 1.00 very soon and we are working hard over it! Stay tuned!