Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
Tiger Airways contest has finally came to a close! After spending more than 2 weeks going through the entries among us at Ping.sg and the organizers of the Tiger Airways contest, we had to admit it was really tough to be able to select the winners. Nevertheless, it was a really great experience for us reading through all of the great entries that have been submitted.
We apologize for taking this long to decide a winner but trust us, it was really tough.
In total we have received more than 30 entries and we read through them all. There are entries about holiday in Bangkok (the most!), Pattaya, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Langkawi, Miri, Philippines, Guangzhou and more! Some real some fictitious, some text-only some with photos and videos, regardless, we enjoyed reading all of them! After a few rounds of selection, discussion and debate, we have finally managed to narrow down to a few shortlisted entries. Even then, it was still tough to select the winner, who would be walking away with a return ticket to any destination that Tiger Airways fly to!
Trust us it was really tough to decide on the winner. We really wish we have more pair of tickets to give away to more winners but we only have 1 pair! And we had to decide on 1 winner, that’s really cruel. Reluctantly, but through voting, we finally decided on the grand prize winner.
He has not only written 1, but 3 blog entries on his trip to Bangkok, full with very detailed writeups and photos from his trip. While reading through his entries, we almost felt like we were there travelling and roaming the streets of Bangkok with Vinsion.
Check out his winning posts:
my day 2 continues because of Ping.sg and Tiger Air, Bangkok.
Day3 , Woke Up, Pack Up, Fuck Up With Ping.sg and Tiger Air .
Day 4 to 6 – Bangkok, My Hotel Room Sooo Cool (176photos)
We wonder where will Vinsion go next with the free tickets. And we certainly hope to be able to read more about his trips when returns from the holiday again soon.
Thanks to all who took part in this contest. Do continue blogging and we at Ping.sg will definitely let you know when we have more contests and prizes for you all again soon! Stay tuned and we hope you will win the next one!
Do check out the rest of the entries. Not only are they really nice to read, they can even be your tour guide when you decide to visit the cities/towns that the awesome bloggers are sharing. We really enjoyed reading all the entries and thanks to the bloggers for sharing them with us. Reading them really makes us want to go for holiday soon!
And remember, if you’re looking for affordable air tickets for your next trip overseas, you know where to look for: Tiger Airways.com
I know many who had missed the party have been anticipating the publishing of the results on this blog. So here they are! And once again, congrats to all the winners!
1. Most Entertaining Blog
Life is a Joke, Laugh at it!
2. Most Interactive Blog
The Sometimes Damsel in Distress
3. Most Insightful Blog
4. Best Photoblog
5. Best Audio/Video Podcast
6. Most Controversial Post
Homosexuality is a choice, you’re not born to be gay
7. Most Dramatic Post
Please Please Let Bobo press her boobs against you!
- Thanks for the amazing video! We all loved it!
8. Most Entertaining Post
How to do a Lipdub
9. Most Insightful Post
Are Bloggers Really Influencers?
10. Best Citizen Journalism Post
IT Show 2008: Survival Guide, Damage, and Review
11. Best Review Post
LG Viewty – Black
12. Best Photo Post
Pingsters at De Coder’s Café
13. Waggener-Edstrom Post of the Year 2008
How to do a Lipdub
14. HP Blog of the Year 2008
Life is a Joke, Laugh at it!
Congratulations to all the winners!
May we have more good blogs for the next one year!
What a great Ping.sg 2nd Anniversary Party we have had just now and congratulations to the Ping.sg Blog Awards II winners!
As I am totally exhausted from continuously missing sleep from the last few days, I’m going to do this in point-form.
- The party was great!
- The attendees were great! We have met so many new Pingsters for the first time. It’s really great to meet new bloggers.
- Pong and poof game were really fun. Now I wish I have the pong/poof tags everywhere I go.
- The food at Fig & Olive was really great! Really the best catering I’ve had.
- Rinaz’ Ping Lipdup video kicks ass! It kicks so much ass that we had to play it twice, in a row, as none of us could get enough of it.
- Congratulations to all the awards winners. Do continue blogging great entries!
- Bravo Rinaz, for winning the Post of the Year award for this post. She got herself a $200 Takashimaya voucher and a dinner for 2 sponsored by Waggener Edstrom.
- Krisandro, you got us all jealous. Congratulations for winning the HP Mini laptop, sponsored by HP for winning the Blog of the Year!
- Thanks to our amazing awesome sponsors:
- Thanks to our friends who supported this event:
- Thanks to committee members for volunteering to help out in making this event such a success! You guys really rock!
- Thanks to all the attendees. It was awesome meeting all of you!
Wow. I thought it is going to be a short post but it turns out to be longer than it should be.
For the photos and videos of the event, we will just leave it to those who do best – the bloggers!
Good night and thanks for the fun and wild night!